Association school in Raszowa - recent history
The Association Pro Liberis Silesiae took over from the head of the Tarnów Opolski commune the task of running an elementary school in Raszowa on August 1, 2009.
The school was said to be the "daughter" of the church because the church was first maintained; like the general spiritual development of the parish in the past it was shaped by the church. Four episcopal synods from 1257, 1285, 1326 and 1357 issued school ordinances for Silesia. In the Latin report of 1679, which mentions the act of founding Raszowa from 1301, we read, among others, that the priest is obliged to maintain a cleric or cantor. This would mean that the oldest school in our area existed in Raszowa.
Around 1750, the Raszowski teacher received from the church: 4 marks and 4 silver pennies, half a field of land, in addition, a garden for one seeding "Thursday" and a meadow.
The old school has probably been standing for over a hundred years in the vicinity of the Raszów church, in the shadow of the aged chestnut trees. Several generations came out of her door to her classroom to acquire the life-needed messages in her. Today, however, where once the joyful shouts and cheerful laughter of children and filled the rooms, it became very quiet.
The classroom equipment in the olden days was primitive: lame benches, a goblet board on a stand, a table, a wardrobe, a map and a cross hanging on the wall. The children brought slate tablets and primers to school. In such conditions, the Rashians gained basic knowledge, and yet they grew up to be good people and managed in life.
Before the Second World War, the following teachers were employed in the Raszów school: Cipura, Schall and Walter. These teacher families took turns living in an apartment in this old school. At that time, the headmaster was an organist, civil registrar and village writer. He was also responsible for the correct and punctual ringing of church bells, Teacher Schall and Walter ran a small farm where they hid three cows.
The new time has come. A new upbringing method has arrived at the village school. Large rooms for teaching, large windows and healthy housing for teachers were needed. These conditions met in Raszowa a new school, built in the sixties. Raszowians are very proud of this school.
And although today the noble old school building is already a relic of the past, nostalgia and warm memories of the past years of youth associated with it remain in human hearts. The nestor of our time, Gerhard Mientus, who is now 85 years old, remembers an even older school in Raszowa. She was standing by the farm of Mr. Borycki. It was wooden, shingled. She only had one class to teach and one room as a teacher's flat. It was demolished in 1925, when a new road was being built in Raszowa.
The golden raid of the old time, however, remained in the Raszów school to this day and still radiates culture, because here on the first floor of the school building there is a village library. Many thousands of volumes in Polish and German are waiting for the reader here. They visit the library of children and adults. There are fewer readers in the summer, but in the fall and winter the doors in this knowledge shrine do not close.
Many Raszów teachers and students who used to go to the old school every day are already resting at the cemetery, which is only a few steps away. This old village school shared the fate of the inhabitants of this village. She knew their happiness, joy, but also sadness and pain ...